Thursday, March 22, 2007

Things I Remember And Why

I don't know why I remember the things that I do. For example, why do I remember the day in first grade when I learned the difference between "then" and "than"? I don't know, but the fact is that I do remember it. I remember it like it was yesterday. My teacher, Mrs. Wright, asked a girl in our class to come to the front and stand next to her. I remember this very clearly. The girl's name was Heather. I remember one day a boy in our class who was a Jehovah's Witness brought in some piece of woodwork he made and he gave it to Heather. (That was a tangent only to illustrate further the level of detail of the useless things I remember.) So Heather, who was three feet five inches tall, stood next to Mrs. Wright, who was seven feet two inches tall. Mrs. Wright then explained that she was taller "than" Heather. Boom. It's been in my brain since that day in 1984. I remember going to a place later that day near the school where a bunch of people lived. There must have been eight or nine of us. There was an older, bigger gentleman we all called dad. Man, how do I keep all these things in my brain?

1 comment:

Christina said...

A better question might be: "WHY do I keep all these things in my brain?" Anyway, the answer to the "how" question is you're so dang smart. You're welcome.

 
Site Meter