Tuesday, February 06, 2007

SNOW DAYS

THE SNOWY DAY by Ezra Jack Keats is one of my favorite books. Anyway, I used to look forward to snow days. The single digit temps were no sweat. I remember setting my alarm an hour or two earlier on snow days to get up and check the school closings. We'd sled outside for hours and play until our fingers hurt. When we got home we'd fill buckets with hot water and soak our hands and feet. I heard in a first aid class recently that you're not supposed to do that. Oh, well. I still have my fingers. Or, am I typing with my toes?

I slipped on the ice in front of a bus in high school. I guess it's all down hill after elementary school. And, I don’t think it would go over too well with my boss if I soaked my feet in hot water at work. There are other things to worry about too, like the guy behind you. Rule #1: Don’t get out of your car in the snow.

No comments:

 
Site Meter